Kivy Designer Roadmap
In the next week, I'm going to start the Kivy Designer development, I'm very excited about it :)
I'd like to list my goals with this project, and how you can help me to create a good version.
I'll be working in a more stable and useful version of Kivy Designer. I'll be fully integrated with Hanga, Buildozer and Git to help the development process. In these integrations, I hope to work on an IDE that can make mobile development with Python easy.
The Kivy Designer interface is not completely user friendly, some tasks, editing a .kv file or a buildozer spec file sometimes can be boring. I hope to improve it.
Actually the Kivy Designer has no tutorials neither documentation. So I'll create some guides and examples to show to new developers how to get started with this IDE.
I have a big list of open issues to work in the next months, you can read this list here.
And to release a really good version, I'll need your help :)
Can you help me?
Kivy Designer is not yet a powerful IDE, so I'll need your help with it :) Take a look on how you can help me:
- Have you found a bug?
- Please, I know that it has a lot of bugs now, but the best way to help me with it is reporting.
- Is there something missing on Kivy Designer?
- I really need more ideas. If you'd like to see any kind of new feature on Kivy Designer, please, just let me know.
- Should it be different?
- If you don't like how something works on Kivy Designer or you just fell uncomfortable about something, please, just let me know.
- Do you have an idea??
- I love ideas. Share it with me :)
- Contributions are always welcome:)
- Kivy projects have a big and helpful community. If you are interested, contributions are always welcome :)
If you know how to help me with the topics above, please, contact me with firstname.lastname@example.org, aronbordin on IRC, or just open an issue in my fork.
I'm aronbordin on IRC.
The main idea of this post it to get ideas from you.
Please, if there is something that you can do to help me with this project, don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for reading,